If you are using QuickBooks for your business, you probably acquired the software to help make your accounting system easier and more efficient. But did you know that you can use QuickBooks to simplify the process of accepting credit card payments, too?
The benefits abound. By integrating credit card processing capabilities with QuickBooks, you can:
- Eliminate data entry — How much time do you spend typing credit card payments into your accounting files after you’ve already recorded the same information during the actual transactions? (And how often has this led to typographical errors and unbalanced books?) When you link QuickBooks and your merchant services, the transaction information goes straight into your bookkeeping files. No data entry needed!
- Process credit cards on any device — When you integrate your merchant services account with QuickBooks, you can accept credit card payments anywhere that you have an internet connection using your desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. No landline or swipe terminal needed!
- Set up recurring payments — QuickBooks allows you to establish periodic charges to a customer’s credit card account. This is beneficial to any business that collects weekly payments, monthly membership fees, or quarterly dues.
- Add convenience for your customers and your business — Customers appreciate the option of paying for your services with a credit card when you generate invoices. The funds are usually deposited into your account within a few business days, which is generally quicker than waiting for a check in the mail.
- Get competitive pricing and avoid long-term contracts. QuickBooks online payment processing offers very competitive rates without charging you for add-on features like monthly statements or gateway access. And you never have to sign a contract, so there’s no risk of being locked into something you don’t want.
You can get started in four easy steps:
1. Open your QuickBooks company file.
2. Open the Customers menu at the top of the screen.
3. Select Link Payment Service to Company File.
4. Log in with your password and email address or user name.
After you log in, you’ll be directed to a webpage that confirms your activation in your QuickBooks software. That’s it!
Visit Intuit.com today to see how you can grow and streamline your business by linking your QuickBooks software to a merchant services account.