One of the most innovative features of Intuit GoPayment’s mobile-payment system is its ability to issue digital receipts.
After a customer’s credit card transaction has been approved and processed, the small-business owner may ask the customer for an email address and send the receipt electronically. This provides an simple way for shoppers and merchants to store, document, and retrieve purchase records. It also helps to reduce paper use.
Nonetheless, sometimes a paper receipt is still necessary (or a customer may simply request one), in which case you can print the digital receipt through the Intuit Merchant Service Center.
- Sign in with your user ID and password.
- Click on Activity Reports at the top of the page. From the dropdown menu, click on Transactions.
- Choose your search criteria by selecting Specific Date and entering in the date of the transaction. (You may also use other criteria, such as the payer’s name under the Advanced Search function.)
- A list of transactions will appear. Click on the ID of the transaction you wish to print.
- Select the Print option.
- Choose whether you wish to print a Customer copy or a Merchant copy of the receipt (or both).
If you prefer, you may choose the Email option instead of Print to send the receipt to your business or personal (or any other) email account. This allows you to have your name and/or the name of your business appear in the From field in the customer’s email inbox. (Otherwise, the sender’s name will be BusinessServices@intuit.com.)
Sending yourself the receipt may also be helpful if you think you will need to print the receipt again in the future; once it’s in your inbox, you can print the receipt from your email account as many times as you’d like.