It’s becoming less and less common to get anything gratis these days. But when you register for an account with GoPayment, Intuit’s mobile payment-processing system, you receive the following eight things for free:
1. Mobile App — It’s available from Google Play and Apple’s App Store, and you don’t pay a penny for it. Once your download is complete, you can start accepting credit card payments even before you receive your…
2. Card Reader — GoPayment provides a complimentary card reader, which is mailed to you right after you create your account. The reader lets you swipe credit cards through it to process transactions with a mobile device. (It plugs into the audio jack of your smartphone or tablet.)
3. Electronic Receipts — No more messing with paper receipts! GoPayment lets you email a copy of the credit card receipt directly to your customer. You retain his or her email address for marketing purposes. How’s that for a free perk?
4. Custom Receipts — Many retailers have to pay extra to customize their credit card receipts with color logos, coupons, web addresses, and other information. With GoPayment, you can add these features to your electronic receipts for free.
5. Strong Security — GoPayment’s security infrastructure adheres to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, and the mobile app employs Triple DES 128-bit encryption with Secure Sockets Layer. In other words, it’s safe. This peace of mind is on the house.
6. QuickBooks Integration — If you use QuickBooks Point of Sale, GoPayment will seamlessly sync your credit card processing data with the rest of your accounting files
. This frees you from spending extra time transferring or inputting data into your accounting system.
7. Customer Support — You can speak to a GoPayment associate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There’s no service charge for assistance, even if it’s an after-hours request.
8. Sales-Tax Calculator — GoPayment uses geolocation technology on your digital device to determine where a transaction is taking place. Based on this data, it automatically computes the appropriate sales tax on the items being sold. It’s just another one of the handy free features included in the mobile app.