GoPayment has the power to simplify the way that small companies do business. But are you taking advantage of all that the mobile-payment service has to offer?
Here are five tips for getting the most out of GoPayment:
1. Use the credit card reader. Sometimes you may feel that it’s inconvenient to retrieve and plug in the card reader, so you type in the customer’s credit card number instead. That’s fine, but keep in mind that, when you key in credit card data, you lose a penny on every dollar the customer spends that would otherwise go into your pocket.
2. Leverage customer email addresses. Some companies pay good money to third parties for lists of email addresses. Yet every time you send an electronic receipt to a customer with GoPayment, you capture that customer’s email address — for free. Use these emails to send thank-you notes or to invite customers to join your mailing list.
3. Customize your e-receipts. Yes, your name or business name appears on your electronic receipts. But have you considered adding other information? GoPayment lets you personalize your e-receipt with your company’s web address, Facebook page, or Twitter handle (each with its own live link). You could also create a coupon that encourages customers to revisit your business.
4. Keep track of employee sales. If your employees handle mobile transactions, you can monitor their sales performance with GoPayment. Just take the time to set up multiple users on your GoPayment account, with one user for each employee who is conducting mobile payments. That way, you can see who your big sellers are and who might need a little assistance or encouragement.
5. Connect GoPayment to QuickBooks. If you use QuickBooks accounting software, sync your mobile payments with your bookkeeping files. This is easy to set up, and it saves you the hassle of having to manually key in mobile transactions.