Updated March 27, 2012
Just getting started with GoPayment? Below are a few basic steps to get you up and swiping with the Intuit GoPayment Credit Card Reader!
Step 2: Plug your Credit Card Reader into audio jack.
Step 3: Launch the GoPayment app and log in with the user ID and password you created when you signed up.
Step 4: Go to Settings and enable the credit card reader.
If using an Apple device, switch the Audio Jack Reader setting to On. On the subsequent screen, select the reader you plan to use.
If using an Android handset, enable the card reader by selecting “Choose Swiper” and select the model of reader you plan to use.
Step 5: Since the device runs through the audio jack, please remember to set volume to MAXIMUM level when using.
That’s it! When you select the “Get Paid” option, your device will detect the reader and you’ll be ready to swipe.
Basic reasons why the card reader might not be working:
Why does my device not work even when I maximize the volume on my phone?
- On some phone models, the Ringer volume is different from Headset volume, so make sure the Headset volume is the one that’s maxed out.
- Make sure the credit card’s magstripe is facing the right direction. On our grey reader, the front of the credit card should face you.
- Make sure your speakerphone is turned off before swiping.
- If your phone has a protective sleeve, check to make sure the sleeve isn’t preventing the device from being plugged in all the way.
- Make sure you’ve downloaded the latest version of the app onto your phone.
For additional troubleshooting tips and support, please visit gopayment.com/support/